"Think folded maps, cruise ships, road signs, compasses, passports, trains, planes or automobiles. As long as your project features a travel theme, you're headed in the right direction."
My first task was to find a background, I decided to use one I had made earlier using Duylusions sprays:
I had just received a couple of stamp sets from a company new to me and was eager to try them out. I selected two stamps (a space ship and a sentiment) and stamped them in Archival "Jet Black" on a scrap of white paper. I touched them up with a silver pen, and fussy cut them.
I used a stencil and a silver pen to add a "Warp Speed" plume and colored over the silver with a Distress Marker "Seedless Preserves" to dull the silver a little. I glued the sentiment strip and the space ship to the card and attached the card base to a pre-folded burgundy card:
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: Kindred Stamp”s “Space Explorers”
- Stencils” Altenew “Warp Speed” (ALT2195)
- Inks: Dylusions sprays “Crushed Grape”, “Bubblegum Pink” and “Vibrant Turquoise”; Distress Oxides “Seedless Preserves, “Faded Jeans”, and “Black Soot; Distress Markers “Picket Fence” and “Seedless Preserves”; Signo Unibazl gel pen “white”; Marvy Uchida marker “Liquid Silver”; Archival “Jet Black”
- Papers: Burgundy card; Neena Solar White; scrap of white
- Adhesives: Wendy Vecchi “Perfect Card Adhesive” (WVA62134); redLine 1/8” Embossing Tape