My pets are (and always have been) cats. They have been black (Tux, BeauJangles, Shadow, Faith and Kathy), black-and-white (Trubble), tortoiseshell (Runt and Freshie), blue-and-cream (Flicka), seal-point (Misty Twit), agouti (Mau'ss and Samantha), and sable (Dominic). They have been rescue moggies and pure-bred breedss. The current ones are two black and one sable purebred Bombays but they are hard to portray in stamping because it's difficult to show detail on such dark colors. So for this card I opted for the classic grey tabby to represent all the cats I have known and loved.
While many of our cats have been indoor-outdoor cats, the three current ones are indoor only and one of their favorite past-times (other than sleeping in the sun) is sitting in a window, watching what we call "cat TV": birds and squirrels on the bird feeders in our back garden. I decided, given that I had just received a free stamp set that featured a cat and a window frame with my Quick Cards magazine subscription, to CASE an example shown in the magazine.
I stamped most of the stamps (window frame, shutters, window box, cat and flowers) on a scrap of white card in Archival "Jet Black", color them with Distress Markers and a water brush, and fussy cut them with a craft knife. I selected a piece of Authentique paper to represent wallpaper and used a mini-layering stencil and Distress Ink to create a black wall. Final assembly resulted in this card:
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: "Spring in Bloom" by Sally Mountain for Quick Cards Magazine; Stampers Anonymous "#HASHTAGS" (CMS183)
- Inks: Distress Markers "Pumice Stone", "Hickory Smoke", "Squeezed Lemonade", "Spiced Marmalade", "Candied Apple", "Festive Berries", "Forest Moss", "Peeled Paint", and "Shabby Shutters"; Distress Ink "Fired Birck"; Archival "Jet Black"; Sigmo Uniball "white" pen
- Stencils: Stampers Anonoymous Mini Layering Stencil "Set 3" ("Bricked")
- Papers: Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "white"; scrap of Stamping Up! "Shimmer White"; Authentique 6x6 "Classique: Beauty" (BEA 016)
- Adhesives" Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"; Ranger Collage Glue Stick