So say the Simon Says Stamp MondayChallenge for August 14, 2017 - "Nautical".
Now I have never spent a summer vacation abroad any ship/boat/canoe/kayak but I have been on cruises in the Autumn (the off season so they are cheaper!), a friend once took us out on San Francisco Bay in his sailboat (COLD! WET!), and we do occasionally take a ride around our little lake in summer with our neighbor on his pontoon boat. One of my fondest summer memories was my summer term at Franz Theodore Stone Lab on Lake Erie (lots of boat rides then --- all for various biological collection trips among the Bass Islands) during which there was the annual summer regatta. All those glorious sailboats!
However, I have no stamps or dies or papers that reflect this nautical activity. I do, however, have a collection of lighthouse stamps (most are "out of print" wood because I started this collection back when I first started stamping) and one set of circa 2001 Stamping' Up! "inchie" stamps has both a lighthouse and a sailboat in it so I decided to try to merge the two for my card today.
I started by stamping the two stamps in Archival "Jet Black" ink, trimmed them and colored them with Distress Markers and a detail blending pen. I abutted the two images so that the water line/horizon matched and mounted them on two shades of blue card. I adhered the final "image" to a top-folded notecard and added a die-cut sentiment from Sizzix:
- Stamps: Stampin' Up! set, name unknown, circa 2001
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Vacation Words - script" (661288)
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black"; Distress Markers "Salty Ocean", "Tumbled Glass"; "Mowed Lawn", "Peeled Paint", "Rusty Hinge", "Pumice Stone", "Barn Door" and "Squeezed Lemonade"
- Papers: Golden Oak Papers card- "sparked-silver"; scraps of white, pale blue, aqua and glimmer aqua card
- Adhesives: ScorTape; Xyron 500 Sticker Maker