Years ago, in the days on wood-mounted-only stamps and no die cut machines, a friend dragged me to a stamp show and I bought a lot of unmounted red rubber, some of of I had actually started the process of cutting up and mounting, But I never quite got to putting them on wood blocks and they have lived in a plastic bin under my work space ever since. Among them were some Alice-in-Wonderland themed stamps.
Now Alice in Wonderland isn't neessarily a story that "inspires" me but when I saw Lols' demonstration for this challenge, I got an idea for a belated birthday card in the form of a two-sided tag (This tag actually evolved because I stamped a "White Rabbit", an "Alice", a "Mad Hatter" and a "playing card soldier" in Archival Black on white card before deciding on my theme.). One side became the White Rabbit apologizing for being late and the obverse the Mad Hatter welcoming the celebrant to a tea party!
I started with the "Mad Hatter" side first. I stamped tea cups in Archival "Shadow Grey" on the tag and blended the edges with Distress Oxide "Vintage Photo". I added a sentiment from the tea cup stamp set and colored it with Distress Markers., I fussy cut the "Mad Hatter" and colored him with Distress Markers and a gold pen and touched him up here and there with a black pen. He was then glued to the tag using Craft Tacky Glue.
Now for the "White Rabbit". Like the "Mad Hatter", I fussy cut him and colored him with Distress Markers and a gold pen. His tag background was some pocket watches from another mounted red rubber stamp sheet, also stamped in Archival "Shadow Grey" with "Distress Oxide "Vintage Photo" blended edges. The rabbit was attached using Craft Tacky Glue. I stamped two banners for his apology, using alphabet stamps in my stash, Archival "Jet Black" ink and scrap white card, and attached them with embossing tape.
The final embellishment was a crinkle ribbon that matched the coats of both the "White Rabbit" and the "Mad Hatter".
"So Sorry... I'm Late!" on the front...
- Stamps: Mirkwood Designs red rubber “Wonderland” sheet; The Artistic Stamper “Time & Keys” sheet (040); Tailored Expressions “Tea-riffic”; Karen Forster Snap-Stamps Mini-Formal Alphabet (00377); Making Memories magnetic Stamp Alphabet “All Occasions”
- Inks: Archival “Jet Black” and Shadow Grey”; Distress Markers “Mowed Lawn”, Mustard Seed”, Tattered Rose”, “Pine Needles” and “Candied Apple”; Micro 05 #1 Archival black pen; Snowman “gold” marker; Distress Oxide “Vintage Photo”
- Paper: Ranger Distress Heavyweight tags; scraps of white card
- Embellishments: Crinkle ribbon dyed (freebie from Funky Junkie)
- Adhesives: Simon Says Stamp Craft Tacky Glue; RedLine 1/8” Embossing Tape
I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge of April 4, 2018: Happy Birthday