I do a lot of monochromatic cards and this time I wanted to do something little different so I selected a color I rarely use: purple!
I started with a scrap of Bazzill purple and stamped and heat embossed a background image in gold:
I sprayed a white prima flower with the Distress Oxide spray and colored the stamens of the flower with a gold gel pen. I used the same gel pen to outline the panel after layering it on a pale puuple card base.
I attached the frame, inset the sentiment and attached the flower to the card. My final touch was three glittery gold sequins on the background:
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp "Outline Butterflies" (sss101976); Hero Arts/ Concord & 9th collaboration "Props Turnabout" (PR100)
- Inks: Versamark; Distress Oxide Spray "Wilted Violet"; Sanford uniball gel pen "gold"
- Embossing Powders: WOW "Persian Indigo" embossing Glitter (WS43R); UpTown "detail Gold"
- Dies: Sizzix "Stacked Archway" (62692)
- Papers: Bazzill "purple"; A2 notecard base in purple (maker unknown)
- Embellishments: Prima Flowers "Olivia" (571313); Ink Road "gold sparkle" sequins
- Adhesives: iCraft "Easy Tear Tape"; GiaK "Connect" glue
I'm also entering this in the WOW! Embossing Powder Fans September 2019 challenge: DIY embellishments