- Inks: Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays "Salt Water Taffy", "Cosmopolitan Pink". "Kissing Kenickie Coral", "Cape Cod Coral" and "Merci Beaucoup Mint"; Versamark
- Embossing Powders: Lindy's Stamp Gang "Merci Beaucoup Mint" and "Golden Angel Wings"
- Die: Sizzix Thinlits "friends script" (660225)
- Embellishments: Heidi Grace Punchboard Embossed Stickers "Maple Crest Ct" (12-72668/28291-6); Petaloo Textured Elements "Burlap Wild Sunflower" in ivory (1223200); USArtQest "Mini Prils" white (ANC801)
- Papers: scrap package backing and shimmer green card stock; Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "ivory"
- Media: Liquitex Acrylic Gesso; Ranger Texture Paste
- Adhesives: Ranger Multi Medium Matte; Xyron 500 sticker maker; Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"
OK, I am hooked on these Lindy's Samp Gang color challenges. The one for March is somewhat out of my color box (I'm not much for pink and pastel) but I thought I'd try it anyway.
I started with a trimmed piece of card that had once served as packaging for a collection of papers. Not quite chipboard but not cardboard either. On it, I glued some embossed punchboard stickers from Heidi Grace:
While the stickers were somewhat in the color palette of the challenge, the background was not. So, I added gesso, texture paste and prills:
While waiting for this treatment to dry, I sprayed a petal burlap flower with Starburst "Salt Water Taffy", "Cosmopolitan Pink". "Kissing Kenickie Coral" and "Cape Cod Coral" and set it aside to dry.
Once the background was dry, I started adding Starburst sprays: "Salt Water Taffy", "Cosmopolitan Pink". "Kissing Kenickie Coral", "Cape Cod Coral" and "Merci Beaucoup Mint", letting them drip down from the top of the card. When the inks were driy, I added Versamark ink randomly and heat embossed with "Merci Beaucoup Mint" EP (on the "leaves") and "Golden Angel Wings" EP (randomly along the bottom of the card face)...
I placed my flower and added a die-cut sentiment in a shimmery pale green, one shade darker than the "Merci Beaucoup Mint". I mounted the card on the same shimmery pale green cad and then on a white notecard:
Products used in the making of this card were:
Born in New Jersey, I grew up in Southeastern Ohio. Attended university at Bowling Green State University (B.Sci in biological science, 1964), University of Southern California (M. Sci in biological science, 1967) and University of Florida (Ph. D in zoology, 1971).
honored to be asked to be guest designer for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, September 2017
for my entry in the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog Challenge, August 14, 2019 "Let’s Do It Again"
Online Card Classes