Now I'm not quite sure if what I did was making my own background but here goes.
First,I started by using MultiMedium Matte to glue a portion of a patterned paper napkin to a cut of scrap white card (actually, the back of a used-up notepad).I coated the napkin with the medium and let it air dry. When dry, I cut the piece to size and mounted it on a piece of scrap Bazzill blue-grey card, and mounted this panel on pale blue A2 card blank I found in my scrap pile! So this is my background:
A few white paper daisies by Petaloo with some Hero Arts baby blue pearl centers completed my card:
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp “Word Mix #2” (sss112093)
- Dies: Sizzix 3-D Impresslit "Lattice Trim" (663292)
- Inks: Versamark
- Embossing Powders: GinaL "Fine detail White"
- Papers: scraps of white notepads back, Bazzill blue-grey card , glimmery blue card, and Hot Off The Press "Lapis Lazuli" glimmer paper (HOTP-10973); recycled pale blue A2 card blank; printed paper napkin
- Embellishments: Petaloo Color Me Crazy "Mini Delphiniums" (1508-000); Hero Arts Pearls (light Blue) (CH169)
- Adhesives: Ranger Multi Medium Matte (INK41535); ScorTape 1/8"; GInaK "Connect" glue