Now as you all know, I am not a frilly, clingy or "cute" crafter and Valentine's Day has never been my favorite holiday. But I can't deny that I love to make cards, that I love color, and that I love to play with new stash. So this month, I decided to try out some new purchases from Graphic 45 and some scraps from my scrap file to create a Valentine for my husband (Shhh! Don't Tell him! It's a surprise!).
I started with one of Graphic 45's "staples", a regular black tag, and covered it with one of Graphic 45's background papers for "Nature's Sketchbook" (Husband is a trained ecologist, an avid gardener, and a nature photographer and this seemed a perfect fit. It truly is hard to come up with cards for males, isn't it?).
- Stamps: Tim Holtz Alterations "Limitations" (660189) and Stampers Anonymous ""Flower Garden" (CMS215)
- Dies: Sizzix Framelits "Flowers Garden & Mini Bouquest" (661613) and the coordinating Alterations "Limitations" die (660189)
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black"; Inktense pencils: "Antique White" (2300), "Sun Yellow" (0200), "Cherry" (0510), "Poppy Red" (0400) and "Sea Blue" (1200)
- Papers: Graphic 45 "Natures Sketchbook Patterns & Solids" 8x8 pad(4501485), "Nature Sketchbook" 6x6 pad (4501484) and "Regular Black Tag Album" (4500981); Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "white"; scraps of yellow, cream, poppy red and forest green card
- Adhesives: Rager Collage Glue Stick; Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"