There was a time when owls were all the rage but, while there is an owl spokes-bird for a local eyeglass business, I haven't seen that much of them of late. And I only have two owl stamps, neither of them "realistic", but I haven't used either before. I picked the one with the coordinating die set from Tailored Expressions and went for a "cute" critter card (not my usual style).
I started with a small vignette panel which I smeared with Distress Paint "Weathered Wood" to take away the dark orangey brown look of it.
- Stamps: Tailored Expressions "Hoot Hoot Hooray" stamp set
- Dies: Tailored Expressions coordinating die set for "Hoot Hoot Hooray"
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black"; Distress Markers "Walnut Stain", "Gathered Twigs", Bar Door", Worn Lipstick", "Mermaid Lagoon, "Rusty Hinge" and "Dried Marigold"; Distress Inks "Black Soot" and "Mermaid Lagoon"
- Papers: pre-folded ivory notecard; scraps of white paper and white and aqua card
- Adhesives: Vival Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"; Distress Collage Medium