I decided to go with a vacation we haven't done, a road trip to visit a friend who recently moved to Montana, that we are tentatively planning for September. After all, from where she lives, there are at least three National Parks within a day's drive and at least two National Monuments on the way - none of which we have ever seen! Great way to mark off our bucket list at least three states we have never been to as well!
I started with making a card base. I die cut a US map from a piece of scrap card (it took three different types of card before I found one that blasted die would actually cut all the way through, and even here, it somewhat distorted Texas!) and used the negative space as a stencil to blend in earth-tone colors, a la those usually seen in satellite photos of the earth. I then place the map outline on the background using collage medium and used that medium to further blend the colors of the background.
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi “Gentleman’s Art” (SCS059)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits “United States” (660228) and "Vacation Words: script" (661288)
- Inks:Archival “Jet Black"; Distress Markers “Black Soot”, “Pumice Stone”, “Hickory Smoke”, “Brushed Corduroy”; Distress Inks “Brushed Corduroy”, “Pine Needles”, “Shabby Shutters”, Broken China”, “Mowed Grass”; Signo Uniball pen “white”; MArvy Uchida Fine Line "Liquid Silver" pen
- Papers: Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards “ivory”; scrap white, silver-grey, black and pale blue
- Adhesives: foam dots (make unknown); R=Distress Collage Medium; Xyron 500 Sticker Maker