I pulled out my MISTI for this card. First, I stamped “Westminster Abbey” (as a stand-in for the church) in Archival “Jet Black” on a piece of distress watercolor paper, color washed it with “Pumice Stone” Distress Ink and added some Distress Marker stained windows in the color palette for the month. I trimmed the image to fit my card base and matted it with a dark red paper.
Next, I stamped several versions of “Spring Daisy” and leaves on watercolor paper, first with “Archival Inks and then with Distress Ikns in the colors of the palette . A little shading with Distress Markers to add definition and then I die-cut the flowers and leaves using the coordinating die set.A little fussy-cutting to even out some edges and the flowers were ready to mount on the card.
Using the MISTI again, I laid out how I wanted the card to look so I could place my sentiment, using A”Black Soot” Distress Ink.
All the pieces were assembled using “Miracle Tape” and foam dots…
- Stamps: Altenew “”Sketchy Landmarks” (for the abbey and the sentiment) and “Spring Diasy”
- Dies: Altenew “Spring Daisy” coordinating die (1060)
- Inks: Archival “Jet Black”, “Vermillion”, “Chrome Yellow” and “Fern Green”; Distress Inks “Abandoned Coral”, “Fossilized Amber”, “Mowed Lawn”, Ground :Espresso” and “Black Soot”; Distress Markers “Fired Brick”, “Wild Honey”, “Ounce Stone”, “Fossilized Amber” and “Abandoned Coral”
- Papers: Distress watercolor paper; The Paper Studio Value Pack “white”
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas “Miracle Tape”; EK Tools 3D Foam Dots