As a rule, I am not a fan of 3D projects, mainly because I don't have any place to display them or store them but also because my fingers and little tabs simply don't coordinate well enough to not result in frustration! But I certainly have no intention of exhorting anyone to get fit! So, 3D it is, or was!
In the latest issue of Cardmaker Magazine (Autumn 2017, Vol 13, No. 3), Robin Arnold had an article on a card and an accompanying treat box (pages 12-13, continued on page 62). While the cuts and folds weren't that difficult, they were made trickier by the small print in the magazine (I misread 3/8" for 1/8"!) and by having to score angles blind. Still, I managed to cut and score the base and add the cut patterned papers:
Products used in the making of this treat box were:
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp/Waffleflower "How We Roll" stamp set (SSS 101566)
- Dies: Simon Says Stamp/Waffleflower coordinating die; Sizzix Framelits "Tag Collection" (658789)
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black"; Altenew Crisp Dye Inks "Coral Berry" and "Parrot"
- Papers: Bazzill palest green; Basic Grey Two Scoops Collection "Sprinkles" (tlc-1053)
- Embellishments: Idea-ology Paper String "Solids" (TH93044)
- Adhesives: ScorTape; Ranger Collage Glue Stick; EK Tools 3D foam dots