In keeping with my card making for 2017, I decided to try some stamp sets I had never used before and scraps of card from my stash to create a card of encouragement.
I started with making a background, stamping a selection of feathers in a slightly darker color of blue Distress Ink on a scrap of light blue card:
I stamped a birdcage in Versamark on another light blue scrap, heat-embossed with gold and fussy cut it, removing the cage door. I drew a hanging line for the cage on the card with a gold pen. I then stamped a banner with a sentiment in Archival Ink, doodled some gold trim and attached it to the card front:
- Stamps: Crafter's Companion Sheena by Sheena Douglas "Falling Feathers" (SD-SS-FEA-EZ); Stampingback NL Sheet 094B; Hero Arts "Playful Alphabet" (LL763)
- Iks: Distress Ink "Broken China"; Distress Oxide "Faded Jeans"; Archival "Jet Black"; Versamark; Sowman Gold Marker Exta Fine Point
- Embossing Powder: Creative Expressions "gold - regular"
- Papers: scraps of blue card; Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "ivory"
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"