OK, I'm willing to try but I don't have many "boys" in my life. There is a great nephew or two but I don't have a lot of contact with them - or their parents for that matter - and so there are few occasions where a card for them would be appropriate. However, I do have "men" in my life, men who more often than not (as is the wont of most men, I believe) behave like boys. There is my husband, his two brothers and my brothers, at least four of which are avid (and some of them quite good) golfers. So there's my theme...
I didn't take step-by-step photographs so I will try to describe what I did here. Basically it was a "collage" although there was a great deal of coloring involved.
I started with a card base of a kraft card and two colors of green card/patterned paper. I stamped a "frame" twice and a related sentiment in Archival "Jet Black" on Neena Solar White and fussy cut all three images. I colored the frames with Zig Clean Color Brushes and a Distress Marker ("Pumice Stone"), and a Distress Crayon was used to add some metallic shine to the golf club heads. and layered three fussy cut ovals from the top of one of the frame images to the second frame using foam dots. I used foam tape to place the frame on the card base and then adhered two golf-club-shaped charms to the frame opening with Simon Says Stamp Craft Tacky Glue. The sentiment was placed over the clubs, using more foam dots.
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: Darcie’s “golfing frame” (Z2102) and “Golf…” sentiment (J1177)
- Inks: Archival “Jet Black”; Zig Clean Color Brushes 025, 036, 037, 040, 041, 047, 048, 049, 050, 060, 064, 067, 090, 106, 903 and 904; Distress Marker “Pumice Stone”; Distress Crayon “Brushed Pewter”
- Papers: Paper Studio “Kraft” card (697201); green patterned 12 x 12 paper; green cardstock
- Embellishments: Dress It Up “Sports - Golf” (415)
- Adhesives: 3M foam Layering Tape; EK Tools 3D Foam Dots, Simon Says Stamp Craft Tacky Glue