I have very few children in my life, and most of the ones who are on the periphery of my life are male, but I have very few, if any, stamps suitable for little boys. For that matter, I have few stamps suitable for children at all, but this stamp I "won" at Simon Says Create 2017 might pass.
It doesn't specify if a card is to be given to a child or given by a child or... So... I aimed at creating a card that could be either --- or neither!
I started by stamping an image and a sentiment in Archival "Jet Black" on watercolor paper and then coloring in the image with Intense Pencils and a blending pen:
I matted the cad with turquoise card that matched the toddler's dress and then layered that onto a pre-folded silver-grey notecard:
- Stamps: The Greeting Farm "Cutesy Anya"; Jane's Doodles "Plants"; and Stampers Anonymous "Flower Jar" (CMS267)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Flower Jar" (662270)
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black"; Inktense "Madder Brown" (1920), "Baked Earth" (1800), "Sea Blue" (1200), "Poppy Red" (0400), "Apple Green" (114) and "Sun Yellow" (0200)
- Papers: Golden Oak Papers card pre-pack "sparkles-silver"; Ranger Watercolor paper (ISW39532); scrap of white and turquoise card
- Adhesives: ScorTape; Ranger Collage Glue Stick