Part of my reluctance also is because the sprays need to be "activated" and I never got around to that. All of my sprays were, until today, still in powder form!
I have been fascinated for the past three years or so by the Lindy's color challenges, but I never had the right color spectrum of Lindy's product to meet the specifications and was unwilling to put out for the monthly kit tailored to the challenge being issued. Another excuse, right?
Here is the inspiration photo and color palette for the February 2017 Color Challenge:
Now to set about using my new sprays and embossing powders.
First I selected some Dusty Attic die cut chipboard peacock feathers, inked them with Versamark and embossed them with the kit's embossing powders: “Hibiscus Rose Orange”, “Cookoo Clock Cardinal”, “Terra Cotta Rust” and “Midnight Bronze Obsidian”.
- Stamps: Hero Arts “Four Bold Messages” (CL226)
- Inks: Lindy’s Starburst Sprays “Frozen Jack Frost”, “Saltwater Taffy” and “Dark Chocolate Truffle”, Distress Inks “Black Soot" and "Hickory Smoke”; Versamark
- Stencils: Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil “Splatter” (THS009)
- Embossing Powders: Lindy’s “Hibiscus Rose Orange”, “Cookoo Clock Cardinal”, “Terra Cotta Rust” and “Midnight Bronze Obsidian”
- Die cuts: Dusty Attic “Peacock Feathers” (DA0568)
- Embellishments: Making Memories Sticker Gems “Tie The Knot” (36849); Hero Arts 3mm Pearls (CH136); Petaloo Botanica Minis XII "coral" (1101005) and "red" (1101105); Best Value (Joann’s) Organdy Ribbon "red"
- Media: Dina Wakely Media “White Gesso” (MDM41689); Ranger Texture Paste
- Substrate: Stampers Anonymous Etcetera “Small Tag” (THEC003)
- Adhesives: Ranger Multi Medium Matte