- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits “Mixed Media #3 (661186), “Fall Foliage” (660955) and “Small Tattered Flowers” (661806)
- Inks: Distress Oxides “Wild Honey”, “Walnut Stain”, “Abandoned Coral”, “Fossilized Amber” and “Spiced Marmalade”; Distress Ink “Walnut Stain”; Gold Shimmer Spray
- Papers: Graphic 45 French Country 12 x 12 Collection - “Rendezvous”, “Montage”, “Promenade” papers (45401579), Graphic 45 “A Place In Time” 12 x 12 collection - “September Cut-aparts” (4501470), and Graphic 45 Large Black Tag Album (4500482); Stampers Anonymous Etcetera Thickboard “Small Tag: (THETC003)
- Media: Liquitex Acrylic Gesso
- Embellishments: Hot Off The Press “Autumn Brad Pack” (81134); crinkle ribbon died with Distress Stains
- Adhesives: Distress Multi Media Matte; EK Tools 3D Foam Dots; Red Line 1/8” Embossing Tape
Graphic 45 wants a fall home decor item for their September challenge #G45FallDecor and I don't usually do "decor" per se. However, I wanted to tackle this with one of Tim Holtz' supersize ETCETERA tags. I started by guessing one of thesmaller tags (which are 5.5 by 10 inches) and then blending Distress Oxide inks over the gessoed surface:
While that dried, I covered a G45 Large Black Album tag with paper from the "French Country" collection, ran it through my Big Shot with a Sizzix Thinlits "Mixed Media #3 " die, and glued it (and some of the "bricks" that were punched out by the die) to the ETCETERA tag:
My next step was to create some autumnal embellishments using Graphic 45 "French Country" papers, Distress "Walnut Stain" Ink, Sizzix Thinlits dies "Fall Foliage" and "Small Tattered Florals" and some Hot Off The Press brads:
I sprayed the foliage and flowers with Gold Shimmer spray and attached them to the tag:
I added a cut-apart from Graphic 45's collection "A Place In Time' and some left-over crinkle ribbon dyed with Distress stains to complete my autumnal display piece:
Products used in the creation of this decor tag were:
Born in New Jersey, I grew up in Southeastern Ohio. Attended university at Bowling Green State University (B.Sci in biological science, 1964), University of Southern California (M. Sci in biological science, 1967) and University of Florida (Ph. D in zoology, 1971).
honored to be asked to be guest designer for Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, September 2017
for my entry in the Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog Challenge, August 14, 2019 "Let’s Do It Again"
Online Card Classes