"Let's make a vintage or shabby chic project in jewel tone colours such as deep purple, emerald green, jade green, burgundy, bright turquoise to name a few AND to make your project extra special, add some sort of jewel or gem, which can be anything from a dollar store find to a piece of broken jewelry."
I have a drawer full of adhesive gems that I haven't found a previous use for (there was a time when I was buying every shape and color I saw!) so I decided to use some of them as the inspiration for my card. Maybe not so elegant but definitely bejeweled!
I started with the jewel tone color requirement. I sorted through my 12 x 12 papers and found a deep purple solid that I thought would work. I cut a piece of that to fit an A2 card front, stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed it with "Bright Orchid Violet" embossing powder from Comotion:
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: Simon Says Stamp “Center Cut Kaleidoscope” (SSS10101766); Altenew “Bejewled”
- Inks: Versamark; Marvy Brush Marker “Magenta” (#20); Snowman Extra Fine Point “gold” marker; Marvy Uchida Fine Line “Liquid Gold”
- Embossing Powders: Comotion Clear Tops “Bright Orchid Violet” (161331); UpTown “detail gold”
- Papers: Memory Box A2 Card “Verbena”; Colorbok “Solid Paper Pad 2 (34661)
- Embellishments: Imaginice Jewels of the Nile “Sahara Sun” (IEEGEM02) and “Arabian Sun” (IEEGEM01)
- Adhesives: RedLine 1/8” Embossing Tape; EK Tools 3D Foam Dots