The Frilly & Funky Challenge for August 1, 2018 is "August". But not the month. here is what the design team said:
"... it is inspired by the month of August. In doing a little online research I learned that the month of August was re-named for Augustus Caesar. He was the first Roman Emperor and was very proud of the influence he had on the architecture of the country. For this challenge I am asking you to be inspired by marble, arches or columns. You will need to create a vintage or shabby chic project using some type of marble effect, arches or columns."
Well, there are stamps and stencils of columns, but I don't own any (and wasn't about to order any, since the stamps were all wood-mounted that I found and the LAST thing I need is more wood-mounted stamps!) And a marble pattern (whether in a stamp or in patterned paper) isn't exactly plentiful in my stash either... but I did find some handmade paper in my stash that resembles marble (too darned lazy to make my own marble pattern). That left arches... which it looks like everyone on the design team has also found! Oh well, I am NOT deliberately copying...
I started with a base card using Bazzill purple cardstock; that marbleized handmade paper, an embossed background I had made previously, and a white notecard. I applied various of the Stacked Arches dies to these to get different sized apertures and frames. I stamped a silhouette image in Archival Black on the white notecard and layered my die-cut pieces:
Firs off, stamped flowers on a metallic purple paper, purple sequins and a few white seed beads:
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: Sizzix Alterations "Framed Silhouettes" (659732)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Stacked Archway" (662692)
- Embossing Folders: Sizzix 3D "Botanical" (662716)
- Inks/Pigments: Distress Ins "Seedless Preserves" and "Picket fence"; Perfect Pearls "Forever Violet"; Archival "Majestic Violet and "Jet Black"; Signo Unibazl "white" gel pen
- Papers: The Paper Company "Jewel Metallic "Amethyst" (10109-101; Paper Studio notecards "white" (225359); Bazzill 12 x 12 purple; Paper Palette recycled handmade paper "purples" (891812)
- Embellishments: Idea-ology Remnant Rubs "Words" (TH93055); Studio Katia Misc. Sequins (SK2890); Bead Treasure Czech Glass Beads "Opaque white lustre"
- Adhesives: RedLine 1/8" Embossing Tape; Wendy Vecchi "Perfect Card Adhesive" (62134)