Still, a challenge is a challenge so I took the title literally and made a card that says "April Showers Bring May Flowers".
I have a rolling cart full of solid-color 12 x 12 card stock and it occurred to me to play with a different card format than my usual 5 1/4 x 7 base card. I selected a piece of double-sided card, grey-blue on one side and pale blue on the other and cut a strip 7 inches by 12 from it. Using my Scor-It, I scored the card at 4 inches and 8 inches to create a trifold card.
Now, for the theme... had to find the stamps. Finally found my rain stamp hiding among the travel themed stamps (???) and, while searching, I opened a stamp case I had forgotten I had which contained a stamp for each month! Woo Hoo! All I needed was a small flower stamps and I was in like Flynn!''
I stamped the rain stamp repeatedly on a scrap piece of delft blue card and the small flower on a lighter blue scrap, using Distress Ink "Stormy Sky" (seemed appropriate!). I trimmed each to fit the 4 inches by 7 inch faces of the card.
I stamped the April and the May stamps on scrap white card, using Archival "Jet Black", fussy cut them, and colored them using Distress Markers and a water brush.
Final step was mounting the April and May images on their respective stamped backgrounds and adding chitchat stickers and a stamped word to finalize the card.
- Stamps: Rubber Soul "Rain" (194-1); Serendipity Stamps "April" (F588) and "May" (F589); Stampabilities "Flower Power" (A1004); Karen Foster Designs Snap-Stamps "Mini-Formal" (00377)
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black"; Distress Ink "Stormy Sky"; Distress Markers "Pumice Stone", "Stormy Sky", "Forest Moss", "Walnut Stain", "Mowed Lawn", "Candied Apple", "Mustard Seed", "Salty Ocean", "Spun Sugar", "Dusty Concord", "Spiced Marmalade". "Fired Brick"
- Papers" 12 x 12 double-sided blue-gray card; scraps of delft blue, pale blue and white card stock
- Embellishments: Idea-ology "Chitchat" (TH93050)
- Adhesives: Ranger Collage Glue Stick; Vivva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"