I started by gessoing a piece of Distress Mixed Media Heavystock and the, when the gesso was dry, stenciling with texture paste:
I used a blending tool and Versamark embossing Ink and three Lindy's Embossing Powders ("Bavarian Blue", "Oakleaf Olive" and "Raspberry Lemonade") to add some shine to the raised pats of the texture paste. I added a strip of olive card into which I had die-cut the word "April", outlined the word with a Distress Marker and added a Prima flower (lightly sprayed with "Raspberry Lemonade" before mounting on a top-folding notecard (previously layered with coordinating pink and olive card as an asymmetric mat):
- Inks: Lindy's Starburst "Rusty Lantern Lime" and "Hydrangea Blue"; Lindy's Flat Fabios "Raspberry Lemonade" and "Sidewalk Chalk"; Distress Marker "Blueprint Sketch"; Versamark
- Embossing Powders: Lindy's "Bavarian Blue", "Oakleaf Olive" and "Raspberry Lemonade"
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Calendar Words: Block" (661178)
- Stencils: Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil "Flourish" (THS032)
- Media: Liquitex Acrylic Gesso; Ranger Texture Paste
- Papers: Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "Ivory"; Distress Mixed Media Heavystock"; scraps of pink and olive green card
- Embellishments: Prima Flowers "Miss Godiva's Marshamallow" (556846)
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"