That is the challenge, January 21, 2019, from Simon Says Stamp Monday!
Now, while I was hunting for my alcohol ink "'tovers", I considered using some alcoholic beverage stamps instead of alcohol-based pigments - mainly because the latter meant digging through my ink stash and dealing with the mess alcohol inks always seem to generate with me. But those "''tovers" were either non-existent or had gone walk-about and the one set of stamps I had with images of drinks were minis and didn't really excite me.
I pulled a selection of alcohol inks, a fixative and a bottle of blending solution and, after battling with stuck lids (a pair of pliers finally did the trick --- who knew that bottles could get sealed shut by "old" alcohol ink?) , I managed to generate a background on a Ranger's Alcohol Ink Surface, but instead of blending it blotched. So.... I applied several more layers of ink and mixative, smooshed it around with a mini-blending tool and felt, added more fixative and ink, smooshed some more... Still wasn't happy. So... I added yet more mixative and ink and used a straw to blow it around. I tried adding WOW! FabFoil in silver to the "sticky" areas and it worked in some small places, but not in others. (Not sticky enough, I guess). The result looked something like flowers....
Meanwhile, I ran a Simon Says Stamp frame die and some Neena Solar White through my Big Shot (several times --- it wasn't happy cutting Neena today) and created a frame which I overlayed on the panel:
I stamped the sentiment in Archival black on a scrap white die-cut circle (another ''tover" - I don't remember the die maker) which I had mounted on pale pink card. I overstamped the sentiment with another Stampers Anonymous bloom, using Distress Oxide ""Spun Sugar":
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous "Flower Garden" (CM215) and "Mini Bouquet" (CM269); Winnie & Walter "The Big, The Bold and Seasons" (WW019)
- Dies: Simon Says Stamp "Outline Floral Frame" (sssd111937)
- Inks: Ranger Alcohol Inks ""Flamingo" (TAL52530), "Amethyst" (TAL52579) and "Wild Plum"; Ranger Alcohol Ink Fixative "Silver"; Ranger Blending Solution; Versamark; Distress Oxide "Spun Sugar"; Archival "Jet Black"; Sanford Uniball gel pen "silver" and "white" (the latter to touch up the frame)
- Embossing Powders: WOW! "Primary Pink Robin" (WH26R)
- Papers: Neena Premium Extra Heavy "Solar white"; scrap white and pink card; Ranger Alcohol Ink Surfaces (TAC45793); burgundy card base
- Embellishments: WOW! "FabFoil - silver"
- Adhesives: GInaK "Connect" glue; iCreate "Easy Tear Tape"
- Tools: Ranger Alcohol Ink Mini Applicatior and "Felt" (TAC62165); large-bore plastic straw; Sizzix Big Shot; Fine brush