I struggled with my choice of word while I sorted and reorganized and put away a year's work of stamp, die and embossing folder acquisitions. While going through those stamps, it occurred to me that I was doing this organization in order to have room and space and time to be creative... There was my word: "Create!" And since I was thinking more along the lines of paper crafting, this brush and ink set by Wendy Vecchi in the last drawer of stamps I was sorting seemed just the focal point so I decided to play...
I started with stamping the brush and ink in Archival "Jet Black", using my MISTI and masking off a strip for my word using Washi tape. I then stamped the word create from another Vecchi set in that masked off area, having inked the stamp with a rainbow of Distress Ink colors. Using the Tim Holtz "spritzer", I spritzed the entire card base with matching Distress Markers and I then used a layering stencil to add splatters with a bending tool and more Distress Ink. My final step was to add a ChitChat sticker and an alterations rub-on to further emphasize the word "create"... I then mounted the card base on a black card.
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Studio 490 by Wendy Vecchi “Tools for Art” (LS049) and “Just Word Art” (SCS033)
- Stencils” Stampers Anonymous layering Stencil “Splatters” (TH5009)
- Inks: Archival “Jet Black”; Distress Inks “Candied Apple”, “Carved Pumpkin”, “Squeezed Lemonade”, “Mowed Lawn”, “Blueprint Sketch” and “Wilted Violet”
- Papers: Neena “Solar White” cardstock; D-M-D Greeting Card Full Spectrum “black” (GRC010207)
- Embellishments: Idea-ology “Remnant Rubs - Botanical” (TH93119) and “Big Chat “ stickers (TH93192)
- Adhesives: RedLine 1/8” Embossing Tape
- Tools: MISTI stamp positioner; Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer Tool