I started with a quote as my inspiration and worked from there.
My first step was to die-cut a "heart pocket" using a Memory Box Die, two colors of pink card/paper, and a daisy image (stamped in Archival "Jet Black" and colored in with Distress Markers and a white gel pen):
I made a background by layering two patterns of Basic Grey papers on a pre-folded white notecard. Because the lighter pink heart didn't stand out enough on the background, I blended some Distress Ink "Worn Lipstick" around its edges to create some definition and attached the pocket to the card front. I blended the same pink ink on an idea-logy quote sticker and added a drop shadow with Distress Marker "Pumice Stone".
This is the card with the pocket closed:
- Stamps: Creative Beginnings “Daisy Heart” (MRS10464
- Dies: Memory Box “Heart Pocket” (98509)
- Inks: Distress Markers “Spiced Marmalade”, “Mowed Lawn”, and “Pumice Stone”; Distress Oxide “Worn Lipstick”; Sign Uniball broad “white”; Archival “Jet Black”
- Papers: scraps of pink card and paper; The Write Stock Value Pack "white”; Basic Grey Gypsy Collection “Dali” (GYP-526) and “Harem” (GYP 525)
- Embellishments: Idea-ology “Small Talk” (TH93193)
- Adhesives: Scrapbook.com Life Handmade permanent adhesive roller
Because of the layered background, I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge for January 24, 018: Layer It Up