Now, as I mentioned in previous challenge, summer is NOT my favorite season. And sunburn means sun isn't always a precursor to fun for me! But it does make my husband's garden thrive, especially his daylilies, and I do enjoy looking at it (not working in it!).
So my card for this challenge is full of sunny colors and a sunflower to symbolize gardens that bloom all summer long.
I started with a background, using a scrap of yellow cardstock, blended Distress Ink, a Distress Marker, a white gel pen and two different stencils to create rays of the sun:
- Stencils: Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil "Rays" (THS003) and Altenew "Warp Speed" (ALT2195)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Vacation Words - script" (661288)
- Inks: Distress Ink "Fossilized Amber"; Distress Markers ""Spiced Marmalade", "Squeezed Lemonade" and "Fossilized Amber"; Signo Uni-ball white gel pen (UM-13); Pigma Micron 05 black pen; Stickles Glitter Glue "Crushed Pineapple" (SGG56271)
- Papers: The Paper Studio "white" notecard pack (225359); Hero Hues "Sunshine Mix" card stock (PS621); a scrap of bright cheddar-yellow card
- Embellishments: Little Birdie Rustica "Carla - Spring" (CR52719); Idea-ology "Clippings Stickers" (TH93583)
- Adhesives: RedLine 1/8" Embossing Tape; Xyron 500 sticker maker; Wendy Vecchi "Perfct Card Adhesive" (WVA162134); E K Tools 3-D foam dots