On February 2 and 3, I started in on the rest of my unmounted stamp storage. As I showed in my January post I had used a bin recommended by Jennifer McGuire in her year-end "Favorite" post about organization (the InterDesign FRIDGE AND FREEZE SPLIT BINZ 70630) and sorted out all the clear stamp sets (and in some instances, coordinating dies) from my temporary holding box AND from some Iris Cart drawers where older ones had been "stuffed". I sorted, alphabetically by maker and filed the narrower envelopes of stamps, using card-stock dividers for each letter of the alphabet. I made labels for each divider, identifying the makers.
But that left stamp/die sets too wide to fit in that bin, and also a large number of cling rubber stamps still in that holding box and in Iris cart drawers. So I ordered more bins --- another of the InterDesign Fridge and Freeze Split Bins that I used in January and two InterDesign Fridge and Freeze Bins 70530 for the wider stamp/die sets.
I set about sorting, filing and labeling in the same way as I did in January and ended up with all three bins chock full!
Now you may notice two CD racks on that bookcase picture above. That was another project to be tackled as they contained small single clear stamps, most having been magazine cover freebies over the years. To make room for the bins, I moved these CD holders to the top of a stacked Iris cart:
Now, back to those CD files and the single clear stamps in them. I had been removing the CD inserts from the cases and storing the stamps four to a case but the case holder was full and I was running out of CD cases (they are pretty rare on the market these days too, thanks to streaming audio!):