"Every September I start making a tag a week with a winter/Christmas theme and challenging my visitors to be inspired by something on the tag that will get them going on a winter/Christmas project of their own. I hope you will play along with my little challenge this year. It's a nice way to get your Christmas cards done.
"Here's the deal. Each Monday for the next 12 weeks, I will post a Christmas tag. If you wish to play along, you can make any sort of Christmas or winter themed DIY project. It can be a tag, but doesn't have to be. It can be a Christmas card, a holiday decoration, a scrapbook layout, a tree ornament, a banner, whatever you want but it does have to be inspired by my tag and must be Christmas or winter themed."
Below is the fourth tag of her 2017 series:
I started with a background: Stamped music using Vintage Photo Distress Ink, spread tinted Texture Paste (Lindy's Gang "Green With Envy Green spray as the tinting agent) through a layering stencil of holly leaves, and blending more Vintage Photo around the tag edges:
- Stamps: Stampendous “Decor Music” (DCR105)
- Stencils: Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil “Holly Bough” (THS015)
- Inks: Distress “Vintage Photo”; Lindy’s Gang “Starburst Spray “Green With Envy Green”; Wik of Stella “Black” (GL 010)
- Dies: Sizzix BIGZ “Festive Gent” (660034)
- Papers: Distress Tags (TDA53828); scraps of matte black, red and dark green cardstock
- EMbelishemnts: Clea Metallic Tinsel Cord
- Media: Ranger texture Paste Opaque Matte
- Adhesives: EK Tool 3-D Foam Dots