"Every September I start making a tag a week with a winter/Christmas theme and challenging my visitors to be inspired by something on the tag that will get them going on a winter/Christmas project of their own. I hope you will play along with my little challenge this year. It's a nice way to get your Christmas cards done.
"Here's the deal. Each Monday for the next 12 weeks, I will post a Christmas tag. If you wish to play along, you can make any sort of Christmas or winter themed DIY project. It can be a tag, but doesn't have to be. It can be a Christmas card, a holiday decoration, a scrapbook layout, a tree ornament, a banner, whatever you want but it does have to be inspired by my tag and must be Christmas or winter themed."
Below is the first tag of her 2017 series:
I tarted with a background, using the same layering stencil Linda did but different colors in Distress Oxides:
I stamped a sentiment in Archival "Jet Black", attached my deer and finished off with a Distress Stain dyed crinkle ribbon (received as a freebie from the Funky Junkie Boutique)!
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous “Great Outdoors” (CMS321)
- Stencils: Stampers Anonymous Layering Stencil “Pines” (THS096)
- Dies: Sizzix “Winter Wonderland” (662426)
- Inks: Distress Oxides “Peeled Paint”, “Iced Spruce” and “Black Soot”; Distress Ink “Vintage Photo”; Archival “Jet Black”; Signo Uniball “white”
- Papers: scrap dark and medium brown card; Ranger Distress Tags (TDA53828)
- Embellishments: Crinkle ribbon (freebie from Funky Junkie Boutique - probably died with “Iced Spruce”)
- Adhesives: Ranger Collage Glue Stick