This month, January’s tag is a remix of the tags made in November of 2013 (Chalkboard) and January of 2014 (Industrious Metal) to create a whole new look.
As usual, I don’t have all the materials called for to create all the techniques, they are not available locally, and odds are against them arrriving before the month is out if ordered online. So I improvised…
First of all, I applied foil tape to the top and bottom of a medium white tag, embossed each strip with the “Sparkles” embossing folder, applied and wiped off “Black Soot” Distress Paint until I achieved the desired Industrious Metal effect. This is all according to instructions, although I did use a different embossing folder…
Next is where I “improvised”! I fussy cut a chalky flower and leaves and a background piece from a sheet of WRMK paper. I tore the background to fit the space between the industrious metal strips and layered the flower (black brads in the center, toned down with “Picket Fence” Distress Paint) and leaves on the background. This is my improvised version of the Chalkboard look.
I applied “Black Soot” Distress Paint to a word band and wiped it clean to reveal the lettering. I attached the word band using some black polka-dot ribbon and added a black picot ribbon to the top of the tag.
Here is my version of the January 2016 tag:
- Papers: We Are Memory Keepers 12 x 12 Chalkboard Paper Pad; Ranger Foil Tap Sheets, Paper Reflections medium tags (“white”)
- Embossing Folders: A2 Texture Fade “Sparkles” (661001)
- Inks: Distress Paints “Black Soot” and Picket Fence”
- Embellishments: Hot Of The Press brads (#5298),; Idea-ology Word Bands (TH93084); Monex “Petit Dots” (4468-00-613) and Picot (#054) ribbons in black
- Adhesives: Scor-Tape and Pop-Up Glue Dots