The first was a You-Yube video by Laura Bassen for Altenew. It used the new "Halftone Circles" stamp set and a lot of the Altenew Crisp Dye Ink sets to make a one-layer card. SO I set out to use my new stamps set and the Altenew inks that I had to come up with a similar card.
Products I used in the making of the card were:
- Stamps: Altenew "Halftone Cards"
- Inks: Altenew Crisp Dye Ik Sets "Green Fields", "Cool Summer Night", "Shades of Purple", "Red Cosmos" and "Summer Afternoon"
- Papers: Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "ivory"; Canvas Corp "Black and Kraft ribbon Stripes (CCP2356)
The second experiment I wanted to try was based on the shaker card by Erum Tasneem which appeared on the Altenew Blog back in April. It used the A and B versions of the Layered Cityscape Cover dies by Altnew. I made a layered card using the same dies and black and gold card, but I put my final card together differently.
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: Hero Arts "You Are Loved Messages" (CM171)
- Dies: Altenew "Layered Cityscape Cover" dies A and B
- Inks" Versamark
- Embossing Powder: Ranger "Enchanted Gold"
- Papers: Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "ivory"; gold metallic and black card
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"; Ranger Collage Glue Stick
All in all, an interesting few hours at the craft table where I learned a few things and developed some ideas for a new card or two.