The rules are simple:
• One must work from the book and not reveal Tim's techniques (If you don't have the book, you can get one from Tim.)
• You need to link your creation to Linda's blog
• You need to visit the design team's blogs and leave comments on their interpretations.
This week’s challenge is to implement the technique described on Page 45 “Altered Surfaces.” I chose four of the “Alpha Parts - Framed” to experiment with and, following Tim’s instructions, altered their surfaces with “Abandoned Coral” and “Picked Raspberry” (the ampersand), “Cracked Pistachio” and “Broken China” (the question mark), “Old Paper” and “Iced Spruce” (the @ - I have no clue what this is called!), and “Antique Bronze” (the star):
Since I chose the star, I decided to use some of my older stamps that featured stars, and used India Black Ink to stamp (using masks) on the tag. I added some color variation on the “Star Angel” stamp (Stamping Ground 10024) by applying “Picket Fence” Distress Marker to the angel’s wings and Marvy Uchida Liquid Gold pen to selected folds of her robe. I then attached small gold star-shaped sequins to various spots on the “Swirling Stars” (Eureka! 585F) stamp. The Hero Arts “Playful Alphabet” set (LL763) was used to compose the title ”Star Catcher” and the Altered Surface Star was attached to the top of the tag using a piece of Affray satin ribbon.
Here are some closeups of the tag the altered star: