The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge on August 8 was “Try to Contain Yourself” and required a container of some kind, either created, recycled, altered, etc. I try to avoid three-dimensional projects because of a lack of space to put them once finished. So I seriously considered skipping this one…
The Frilly & Funkie Challenge for August 10 was “It’s a Small, Small World”!. Whatever we created had to be less than 4 x 4… I was thinking making an ATC, but it didn’t really feel right.
The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for August 10 was “Let’s Go Wild”! We could use a wild animal image, or go wild with wildflowers, or use “wild” colors, or… I had just received some Graphic 45 Safari Adventure Papers and coordinating stamps so that was a clear possibility…
Then I saw a You-Tube video from Lindy’s Stamp Gang where one of their design team, KareenBH, altered a small box. While I do have some Lindy’s Stamp Gang product, I haven’t used them much, but her approach stuck me as something I could do with Distress Media. All I needed was a box… and I found one at Hobby Lobby for 99 cents! Not so large that it would take up a lot of display space and not so expensive that I would regret ruining it if I failed.
Now, Looking at this mixed media box tutorial, it occurred to me that I could use it for both the “Try to Contain Yourself” and “It’s a Small, Small World” challenges. If I threw in my Graphic45 papers and coordinating stamps, it could also go as “wild”!
So…, three challenges with one tiny box!
I started with a small round papier mache box (roughly 2.5 inches in diameter)
- Papers: Graphic45 Safari Adventure 8x8 Pack
- Stamps: Hampton Arts (for Graphic 45) “Safari Adventure 1
- Inks: Distress Spray stains “Rusty Hinge”, “Antique Linen”, “Mustard Seed”, “Hickory Soke”; Distress Mica spray “Tarnished Brass”; Distress Marker “Ground espresso”, Distress Ink “Vintage Photo”; Archival “Jet Black”
- Embellishments: US ArtQuest Mini Prills; Prima “Olivia” (571313); Jolee’s Boutique 50-60482
- Media: Liquitex Acrylic Gesso; Raner texture Paste; Multi Medium matte
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas “Miracle Tape”,