It isn't necessarily a Halloween lyric but Halloween is all I have to work with right now. I am struggling for some sort of abstract inspiration these days (had similar issues with an "Author, Author" theme this week) and all that I could come up with was a literal illustration of part of the lyric... the part in the chorus that goes "Wooo hooo witchy woman see how High she flies".
I have a small witch stamp, and having her flying in front of the moon seemed a logical approach. But there needed to be something besides the stamp and the moon so I worked this over in my mind for a week before I came up with a possible solution.
First, I took a scrap of watercolor paper and used Distress Inks to create a night sky. I used masks for the moon and for a "haunted house" in the foreground so that both would be crisp and not affected by the watercolor.
I stamped with and hous in Archival "Jet Black" and added some color to the house with Distress Markers.
The scrap of watercolor card was much narrower than my note-card blank so I added strips of coordinating card stock and glitter tape to fill out the card front.
Finally, I used my snap-stamp alphabet to add the lyric to strips of purple paper,r creating my own version of the Idea-ology chat stickers! A white gel pen was used to create top "shadows".
- Stamps: Hero Arts "Witch" (3562B); Stampers Anonymous "Regions Beyond" (CMS274); Karen Foster's "Mini-Formal" alphabet )00377)
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black"; Distress Inks "Stormy Sy", "Faded Jeans", "Seedless Preserves", "Dusty Concord"; Distress Markers "Squeezed Lemonade", "Pumice Stone", "Fired Brick", :"Black Soot", "Faded Jeans"; Unibal White pen
- Papers: Ranger Watercolor paper; Paper Studio Note Cards "white"; scraps of pale yellow, navy and dark purple card. strip of striped Halloween-themed paper
- Embellishments: American Crafts Glitter Tape "black"
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"; Ranger Collage Glue Stick
- Tools: Stampin' Up! 1 1/4" circle punch; MISTI stamp positioner