Stamps (and stamp sets) that haven't been used yet are a guilty secret in my stamping area! And I have a lot of new ones that have arrived in the last few weeks. So I decided to go with a set by Dina Wakley called "Scribbly Insects" and make a spring-like card (even though it really feels like autumn around here now - go figure!)
I stamped a scribbly butterfly in Archival "Jet Black" on a scrap of lime green paper and colored it with Distress Markers and a water brush. I then fussy cut the butterfly and set it aside while I worked on the background.
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: Dina Wakley Media “Scribbly Insects” (MDR44499); Stampers Anonymous “Mini Bouquet” (CMS269)
- Inks: Distress Markers: Mowed Lawn”, “Twisted Citron”, “Salty Ocean”, “Squeezed Lemonade”, Broken China”, “Mermaid Lagoon”, “Shaded Lilac”, “Evergreen Bough”, Tumbled Glass”, “Wilted Violet”, Dusty Concord” and “Seedless Preserves”; Archival “Jet Black”
- Papers: The Paper Studio Value Pack “white”; The Paper Company Jewel Metallic “Amethyst Test” (16209-010); Ranger Watercolor Paper; Scrap lime green
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas “Miracle Tape”; Ranger Collage Glue Stick
- Special Tools: Mini Mister, Water Brush 1/2” flat; Water Brush 8mm small; Distress Marker Spritzer