As I have said before, pastel isn’t really my thing, and neither is frilly, but I do have some really attractive papers in shades of pink and grey that work for this challenge. Funny how pink isn’t always pink when put next to another pink, isn’t it? Some are more on the purple side while others are more coral. But I used them anyway… they are all, more or less, pastel. And I had some “pearls” what could work with them.
I tend to be a layering kind of person so it’s hard for me to go free form or distressed edges, etc. But I tried to do a paper collage on this one using 8 different paper/card patterns and solids for my card base. I cut and trimmed and layered and taped until I had my 5 1/8 x 7” base.
I stamped a sentiment on a section of pale grey card in Versamark pink embossing powder (it isn’t really obvious but the only other pink I had was hot pink, not exactly pastel! I'll know better next time). I placed it to the right side of my card base using foam dots
I tinted some flowers from Petal and Prima, layered them (mix-and-match), added some pearl centers and placed them on the left side of the card face with a few scattered pearls…
- Papers: scraps of dove grey card and metallic silver paper, cuts from Magenta Mes Souveniers collection (“Acanthus Foliage”, Michael Powell 4 x 6 Designstax; Authentique 6 x 6 Classic Collection “Pretty” (CLA216); FiberScraps Dusk Rose collection “Stripes”; and Basic Grey Romani Collection “Dali” (GYP-536); Paper Doyleys “Round”; and The Paper Studio Value Pack “white”
- Stamps: PSX Helen Keller quotation F-2843 (circa 2001)
- Inks: Versamark; Distress Markers “Spun Sugar” and “Pumice Stone”
- Embossing Powders: Stampendous “Blushing Pink Pastel Opaque “(EP163)
- Embellishments: Petal Color Me Crasy (1508-200); Prima Flowers “Salvage District” (588393); Hero Arts Pearls “Midnight Black” (CH172); Memory Box 3mm Pearl Stickers “white” and “Hot Pink”
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas “Miracle Tape”; Multi Medium Matte; EK Tools 3D Foam Dots