Well, in my opinion Mardi Gras is the biggest and best party ever so it seemed the logical way to go. And, while I was wearing a holiday sweatshirt while crafting, I don't consider that "glad rags" but I took the sparkle to hear and used rhinestones in my Mardi Gras card.
First I “smooshed” four pastel shades of Distress Paints one darker shade “”Dusty Concord” in Mardi Gras colors (purple, green and gold) and water onto white card to make a background, which I then layered onto sheets of pink and purple card and a pre-folded ivory card base. I watercolored the stamped image using Distress Markers, fussy cut it, and mounted it using glue dots. A sprinkling of amethyst rhinestones added the sparkle:
- Stamps: The Rubbernecker Stamp Company “Mardi Gras Costume” (P1206) and VAP! “Birthday Party Premium Stamp Set” (RS4875)
- Inks: Distress Paints “Bundled age”, “Tumbled Glass”, “Milled Lavender” “Worn Lipstick”, “Dusty Concord”; Distress Markers “Black Soot”, “Pine Needles”, “Wild Honey”, “Dusty Concord”, “Milled Lavender”, “Shaded Lilac”, “Tattered Rose”, Mustard Seed”. “Wa;nut Stain”; and Archival “Jet Black”
- Papers: miscellaneous un-named white, pink and purple card stock
- Embellishments: Darice 3mm round rhinestones in “Light Amethyst” (1893-21)
- Adhesives: Glossy Accents, Scor-Tape and Pup-Up Glue Dots.