For some reason, I was in a steampunk kind of mood for this challenge. I know the colors weren't exactly steampunk or grunge in mood, but I was working for some thing a little less severe and I though that pastels would work in creating this effect.
First I created my base using a piece of cardboard backing from a notepad, some acrylic gesso and some texture paste through a layering stencil of gears:
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous "Shabby French" (CMS087)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Gearhead" (661184) and "Friendship Words: script" (660225); Sizzix BIGZ "Gadget Gears" (656636) and Gadget Gears 2" (661193)
- Stencils: Stampers Anonymous layering stencil "Gears" (THS 052)
- Inks: Lindy's Starburst Sprays "Seagrass Green", "Midnight Rendesvous Raven" and "Creme Brûlée Cream" and Flat Fabio Sprays "Tilt a Wheel Teal" and "Pop Rock Purple"; Distress Inks Seedless Preserves"; Versamark
- Embossing Powders: Lindy's "Midnight Pewter", "Orbit Olive Gold", "Pop Rock Purple" and "Tilt a Wheel Teal"
- Papers: Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "ivory"; scraps of white, purple, patterned purple and olive card; cardboard backing from a notepad
- Media: Ranger Texture Paste; Liquitex Acrylic Gesso "white"
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"; Xyron 250 Sticker Maker; eK Tools 3-D Dots