I elected to go somewhat toward the fantastic, even gothic and somewhat creepy, mainly because I have few stamps or stencils that actually show realistic houses. Besides, I am NOT in a "home sweet home" mood at present.
I chose to repurpose a "Halloween" stamp set and show a small girl standing outside a "home", explained with the words "I know that I am home, a strange and wonderful place" (emphasis on strange!). In my mind, the home here means "asylum", whether an orphanage or a mental institution or other such institution, and in VIctorian times, they all looked like this - at least in my mind's eye!
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous "Regions Beyond" (CMS274)
- Inks: Distress Ink "Vintage Photo", Distress Markers "Fired Brick", "Forest Moss", "Chipped Sapphire", "Blueprint Sketch", "Tattered Rose" and "Mustard Seed"
- Papers: The Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "ivory"; scraps of black and mustard card
- Embellishments: Idea-logy Paper Dolls )TH93555) and "Clippings Stickers" (TH93583)
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"; E K Tools 3-D foam dots