I tried a new approach this week, Instead of sticking with one of the "hipster" characters, I decided to merge three of them to create a "Hippy Dippy Hipster Ginger Cat"!
I started by stamping the cat three times and partial images of the chimp and the ostrich. I colored in the heads of the cats, using Distress Markers and a blending pen:
Now, for a background. where would a hip cat be but in San Francisco in 1968, the "Summer of Love"? So on a piece fog grey paper (appropriate for the local, don't you think?), I stamped a sketchy cityscape of San Francisco and applied some ChitChat stickers and a Remnant Rub to title the card. The cat was attached and...
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous “Hipster” (CMS288) and “Cityscapes” (CMS224)
- Dies: Sizzix THinlits “Hipster Cat” (662247) and “Hipster Chimp” (662248)
- Inks” Archival “Jet Black” and “Watering Can”; Distress Markers “Dried Marigold, “Rusry Hinge”, “Spun Sugar”, “Vintage Photo”, “Twisted Citron” and “Old Paper”
- Embellishments: Idea-ology Remnant Rubs “Botanical” (TH93119), ChitChat stickers (TH92998) and ChitChat Stickers “Seasonal” (TH990350); Czech Glass Beads 6/0 seed “Yellow/Lime”
- Papers: Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards “Ivory”; Neena “white”; scrap of grey paper
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas “Miracle Tape”, EK Tools 3D Foam Dots; Ranger Collage Glue Stick