The first time we ever visited Baghdad by the Bay (summer of 1964), we were taken to a bar for dinner by a friend --- and the place was full of cross-dressers in all their glittery finery. This image has stuck in my mind ever since so I decided that my little hipster purple bird was trying out to be a contestant on RuPaul's "Drag Race! In the process, he was so nervous, he was shedding feathers all over the place!
I stamped the Hipster bird in two colors of Distress Oxide Ink and in Archival Jet Black. I die cut the pieces for the colored images and from a sheet of glittery paper as well. After assembly, here is my hipped-up, glittery bird:
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous "Hipster" (CMS289)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Hipster Bird" (662246), "Stitched Rectangle" (661189) and "Stitched Oval" (661188)
- Inks: Distress Oxides "Broken China and "Worn Lipstick"; Archival "Jet Black"; "Distress Markers "Broken China", "Worn Lipstick", "Spun Sugar", "Dusty Concord", "Mustard Seed" and "Fossilized Amber"
- Papers: Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "ivory"; Brutus Monroe Shimmer Elements Paper Pad "Spring Water Color" )BRU4192); Distress Mixed Media Heavystock (TDA53835)
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"; foam squares (maker unknown); Distress Collage Medium
I'm also entering this in the Tim Holtz and Sizzix "Get Hip for Summer" Week #3 Promotion