I started with background panels using scraps of card and patterned scrapbook papers with a retro feel:
Next, I stamped the Hipster "Ostrich" three times on Ranger watercolor paper using Archival Ink. I colored these images using Distress Markers and a detail blending pen. I then die-cut the pieces of the final ostrich and attached these pieces in layers, using foam dots and the occasional dab of Distress Collage Medium. I popped the ostrich up on the card and stamped a hashtag as a sentiment:
Products used in the making of this card were:
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymus "Hoster" (CMS288) and "#hashtags" (CMS183)
- Dies: Sizzix Thinlits "Hipster Ostrich" (662250)
- Inks: Archival "Jet Black"; Distress Markers "Rusty Hinge", "Fossilized Amber", "Scattered Straw" and "Tumbled Glass"
- Papers: scraps of pale blue, tan, rust and yellow card stock; scraps of Creative Memories "Cabana" papers and Memories Magenta Style "Mes Souvenirs" ("Gaily Flowers"); Ranger Water Color paper (ISW39532); Paper Studio Value Pack Notecards "ivory"
- Adhesives: Viva Las Vegas "Miracle Tape"; EK Tools 3D Foam Dots; Distress Collage Medium
- Simon says Stamp Monday Challenge, June 5, 2017: Masculine
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, June 7, 2017: Make it Masculine
- Tim Holtz and Sizzix "Get Hip for Summer" Promotion