I decided to go monochromatic with this one and play with the fabric scraps from my crazy quoting stash for texture.
First, I pulled some black card stock, trimmed it to fit my prefolded card front, and added some textured silver foil, frosted silver paper and grey-on-grey patterned paper to it in blocks. Then I applied black embossing paste through a layering stencil with a plastic knife (one of the picnic knives, with a serrated cutting edge) to add some pattern and texture:
The next morning, I dry fit my embellishments and cut my sentiment from white pearl card which I had run through my Xtron 250 sticker maker (my 500 is out of adhesive!). I attached the sentiment to the card face and then added some silver-and-crystal brads, some velvet and lace flowers and a gem-studded black felt plaque to the card. The finished card face was added to the pre-folded card using double-sided tape.
- Papers and other media: textured black card stock, scrap frosted silver paper and white pearl card stock; scrap of black velvet with crystal embellishments; Grafix metallic foil; Memories Magenta Style "Mes Souveniers" paper (Acanthus Foliage BGROUND-77); The Paper Studio Value Pack "white"
- Dies: Thinlits "Friendship oprds - script" (660225)
- Stencils: Layering Stencil "Flourish" (THS032)
- Embellishments: Paper Studio's Spare Parts "Antique Daisy" gem/flower/brads (803502); Prima Flowers "Madrigal Blossom White" (540128) and "Zephyr" (561123); Maya Road "Velvet Pleats Grey" (TK 1672)
- Adhesives and other media: Dreamweaver Matte Black Embossing Paste; Viva Las Vega "Miracle Tape"; Xyron 250 Sticker Maker; Glossy Accents