So I set forth, step by step… with a few changes along the way to acommodate my small tag size and my need, right now, for autumnal colors!
First I created a background using Ranger’s Alcohol Ink yardstick (glossy side), seven alcohol inks (“Citrus”, “Cool Peri”, “Pink Sherbet”, “Sunset Orange”, “Peach Bellini”, “Cloudy Blue”, “Poppy Field”), Gold Fixative and Blending Solution. I swiped several sheets through my ink mixture and this is the one I chose for the tag (another I used a for a card I will describe later in this post):
Now to the “frosted” dragonflies. I cut the sheet apart and fussy cut them out:
Time for final assembly!
I attached the background and the word band to the tag with red-line tape. I carefully applied Glossy Accents to the dragonfly bodies and applied them to the stamped images, making sure that the body of the lowest dragonfly slid under the word band but over the green cardstock…
Not one to let all that alcohol ink and mixative go to waste, I had swiped a second piece of alcohol ink cardstock over my craft sheet and came up with this, which I mounted on a scrap piece of Lasting Impressions paper (“Lily Pond Solid” which was surprisingly close to the “Citrus” color in the corner of the card):
Products used in the making of this tag and card were (not necessarily in order):
- Inks: Ranger’s Alcohol Ink (“Citrus”, “Cool Peri”, “Pink Sherbet”, “Sunset Orange”, “Peach Bellini”, “Cloudy Blue” and “Poppy Field”); “Gold Fixative; Alcohol Ink Blending Solution: Archival “jet Black” and “Vermillion”; Distress Spray Stain “Peeled Paint”; Distress Ink “Peeled Paint”; Distress Paint “Vintage Photo”, Bic Grip Permanent Pen “Black”
- Stamps: All Night Media 508F, CMS176 “Deco Christmas”
- Papers: Alcohol Ink Cardstock; small white tag; Idea-ology “Frosted” sheet; Lasting Impressions “Lily Pad Solid” paper, The Write Stack pressured ivory card base; and scrap cardstock (green)
- Embellishments: Idea-ology Word Bands “Observations”; Hot Off the Press Autumn Brad Pack *81134); Seam Binding